Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cronuts and Coffee


One time my friend Jam and I thought it would be rad to meet up for some -- gasp -- coffee! No not really, we just wanted to see each other, especially as this date happened a little after I had just come back from Hong Kong, and prior to that we had not seen each other for a good while.


Ugg cardigan, dress and shoes

I know, I'm gross, wearing one brand pretty much from head to toe. But wtvr, I got these Ugg pieces during a sample sale, and in fact the only reason I became involved with such was because of my mom's work. It seemed I was aptly dressed for my date with Jam, as we ended up having a cronut (Jam) and a cup of coffee (me) in the afternoon. We felt like such ~*~adults~*~ having a legitimate ~*~coffee date~*~ without any school commitments. Except we're unemployed and then we just drowned our feelings in... more feels.



H&M/from HK/Gifted accessories


I was much too short for this cardigan, even in heels, so I decided to knot it at the back instead. So clever right??? No? Okay, have a video of this outfit instead:



From HK bag

OK THERE IS A STORY BEHIND THIS BAG LET ME TELL YOU IT! While in Hong Kong, I saw some girls with this really nice backpack. Later on I found out said backpack was from a brand called MCM. Even later on, I found out EXO uses said backpack/brand so of course this fueled my search for the bag. I saw it at a store, naively hoping it would be at least a knock-off. It wasn't, and when I found out how much it cost, I did an internal tableflip. Then elsewhere I found THIS bag, pictured above, for SO CHEAP and since I was bitter with the whole MCM thing, I got this one instead. (In fact, I got two more besides this one. Three for the price of a decimal of what the MCM costs.) This bag also doubles as a backpack, so... at least the bags I got were sortakindamaybe within the same spectrum of the MCM one?


I've never actually tried a cronut. I still haven't. I don't have croissants often, for that matter. I've been having horrible cravings for donuts lately though.

SO! You may or may not have noticed, but these photos seem like they weren't just taken with my digicam. That's because they weren't. The Cheapskateers blog and channel are now both defunct, as Maronne and I have been itching to come into our own... blogging identities? LOLJK Style blogging is just no longer for Maronne, so there wasn't a point in dedicating a blog to it. (You can still find her here though!) I, on the other hand, have come to really enjoy it, but I've been wanting to blog about my outfits on my own for a while now and Maronne wasn't posting as much anyway. And so, we went our separate blogging ways. If you were a reader of CS, then thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for sticking around these three years! It was a good run, and I am genuinely glad that I started this kind of blogging endeavor with a friend and not alone. Now the training wheels are off and I'm flying solo! I HOPE THE CS ~*~AUDIENCE~*~ WILL CONTINUE TO ~*~SUPPORT~*~ ME *royal hair flip* *tearfully waves at nonexistent crowd*

It's a little... curious, closing the CS life. (Especially at this point and time, considering August was actually our anniversary month HAHAHA) I mean, I was reluctant to start blogging about my outfits, but Maronne didn't want to jump on it all by herself. Now look at how the tables have turned!

I'm almost a little sad -- just a smidgen -- to say goodbye to The Cheapskateers. I consider myself pretty solid at maintaining blogs; toiletteregina is only my third personal blog. My first was on Xanga some time in 2005 or possibly earlier, but things got messy and I wanted to start afresh and leave all the drama behind, so crayoneyeliner was born in 2006. After 5-6 years of that, LiveJournal just wasn't doing it for me anymore so I moved here to Blogspot. Also we all know I'm hugely nostalgic so I'm always horrible with goodbyes.

Admittedly, it feels a little more vain, pursuing this blogging endeavor alone. While there has always been a certain degree of vanity that comes with this kind of blogging, it feels just more... just more vain, really, to do this by myself. Kindov ironic because I suffer from permanent (loljk not rly) self-esteem and issues and insecurities, so putting myself up here, alone, is pretty much just me asking for it. It's almost... pretentious? I don't really know...

But I love dressing up. If I don't want to talk, my outfits (and/or my hair) can do it for me. It's a form of self-expression. It's art, and I want to chronicle this piece of me for as long as I can. (Cue Advanced Style life pegs.)

Eh, wtvr. I've come to really enjoy this kind of thing, and I hope there'll still be some kids who'll stick around with me to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment