Friday, January 31, 2014

December 2013

I NEVER POST ON TIME ANYMORE GO ME!!!!!!! I have so much backlog, and said backlog just continually grows because I always want to post at a certain sequence. Like this December 2013 round up post needs to be posted before the 2013 summary post, and nothing else significant can be posted before the 2013 year-end post. But it's already the end of January 2014, what can you do.



December was great. December was cold. I was in Macau for a day, and it was crazy. My mom and I had lunch there and explored Senado a little more thoroughly, as the last time we were there, we were running on a schedule. Not that this time was any different- in fact, our schedule was even tighter than last time!



Senado during Christmastime! Much fun, though the throngs of people getting in the way of proper picture-taking was a little aggravating. Hashtagtourist yo.




Mama and I had to leave about an hour before our boat was to leave, but when we got to the taxi queue we were like LOLNOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN because it was unbelievably long, so we walked around trying to hail a taxi elsewhere. That proved to be a failure, and on the inside I was already secretly panicking because I was all WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO WHAT IF WE MISS OUR BOAT NO WTFFFFFF and about 20 minutes had already passed... and then suddenly my mom found a pedicab stand that could take us to the docks. Kindov pricey, but we at least got to see more of Macau on the streets. The picture above was taken while we were on the pedicab so it's kinda crooked, but anyway you can see more footage of that ride in the vlog. It was great that the weather was so cool, else the otherwise Macau heat would've just made us irritable. What an adventure.


I also finally went to that 1881 Heritage place in Hong Kong because why not? It was always nearby and I had always put it off for some reason. Maybe the weather just made me less lazy to go places.


A lot of prenup/wedding shoots take place there, and I feel like there's a 90% chance of you witnessing anything wedding-related should you check out this place.


One time my mom and I had dinner at this Japanese place in Causeway Bay, and I was delighted to see Totoro there hanging on the wall. I mean... it's Totoro. Why wouldn't you be happy?

There's more footage in the vlog, so go watch if you'd like. Another thing about December 2013 was that it was my first true experience of winter in Hong Kong. (Okay, I suppose November counts.) But you get it. I remember one night -- I think the night we had that dinner in Causeway -- I was underdressed in terms of layers and I was FREEZING LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS. I don't really know what else to say, as I'm keeping most of my Hong Kong experience in separate posts, no matter how old and late they already are.

On the flip side, I CAN FINALLY DO MY 2013 APPRECIATION POST!! WOOP WOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment