Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kingdom Hearts Day

Rewind to that nasty habagat in July, Alex and I pretty much conversed nonstop about Kingdom Hearts, mostly because she had just started playing KH: 3D. The habagat lasted a week right? Our conversation started from the habagat, plus around 2 or 3 more weeks. I also started downloading all (save for 3D, since that's still a relatively recent game) the KH movies during the habagat; movies, as in all the cutscenes merged into one to make a 'film'. It was then decided that Alex and I were to devote one day to have a KH movie marathon, to be christened as 'KH Day'.

I casually mentioned it to Terry and she totes wanted in. Fast forward to around September, we decided that October 17 should be KH Day, because it was already sem break by then and because October 17 is a month after the 10th anniversary of the game's North American release (KH was first released in the NA on September 17, 2002). We thought it'd be a nice way to commemorate the franchise's 10th anniversary since Squeenix is doing nothing but pushing Kingdom Hearts 3 further and further back I MEEEAAAN

Terry's place seemed ideal to commemorate the day, so we had a sleepover there. Some of our other friends made a wild appearance so half of our KH Day was somewhat... side-tracked. But wtvr, it was pretty successful all in all. (Read: ALL MY TEARS ALL MY FEELS) I was falling asleep towards the half of Birth By Sleep though, so I plan to re-watch that along with Re:coded, which we skipped altogether because that game is a troll and the only important part of that game was the ending.

Our sequence went as follows: KH, CoM, 358/2 Days, KH2, BBS. We saved BBS for last because the secret ending coincided with the ending of KH2, and KH2 was the last 'main' storyline in the franchise before 3D. Also, it would be more fun to watch BBS after meeting the Organization XIII members in KH2. ALSO, BBS IS FULL OF FEELS. NO BETTER JUSTIFICATION.





Most of our documentation from that day was when we were making sea-salt ice cream. Because a KH Day would be incomplete with sea-salt ice cream.





Even the vlog documents more of the ice cream-making than anything. It was also decided that we should come in a KH-inspired attire. We neglected to document said outfits, but you can catch glimpses of it in the video. Terry was Marluxia (she wore a floral shirt under a sheer black top), Alex's peg was Aqua (really funky pants and shoes), and I went for Terra. We would've made a complete Wayfinder family except Terry was still unfamiliar with BBS. My outfit was the most literal inspired outfit I've ever made so far, and at the end of the night when Terry finally knew who Terra was, she told me, "I hate you."



We followed this tutorial and our mixture was pretty much the perfect shade of the ice cream, but the next day after freezing it turned out more greenish than blue. Maybe it was because it was mixed in with the batter, hence the color change? Final verdict: IT WAS WAY TOO SWEET FOR ME I COULDN'T EVEN GET THROUGH HALF OF IT and we might've not put enough sea-salt?


When I got home the next day I decided to re-watch KH2 (Riku!CoM prior to that), because we skipped most of that as well since it was the one game we were all mostly familiar with (I never got far with the first KH, Terry and I never got to play Days, etc.) Days was re-watched with Terry while I was still at her place. The re-watching was prompted by the fact that we could understand nothing in the middle of all the racket our friends were making during the planned maratho . (Also, they could not understand our feels and were just poking fun. GTFO LET ME WALLOW IN MY TEARS FOR MY KINGDOM KOKORO)


Watching an HD!file of this game on the PS3 on a good telly = the closest thing I'll get to an HD!remake for now. Everything is beautiful.


Final statement: I have so many hopes and dreams for this boy. I have a theory involving him and Ven. ROXAS' ENTIRE RAIFU WAS JUST SO UNFAIR OKAY I HAVE SO MANY HOPES AND DREAMS FOR HIM AND MY THEORY SEEMS PRETTY FEASIBLE AFTER WHAT I'VE HEARD FROM ALEX ABOUT 3D I MEAN I MEAN I MEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment