Monday, November 10, 2014

On Life and Blogging and Blogging About Life

Recently, I've come to realize that I much prefer blogging without any social media syncing. I used to post on my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts as soon as a new blog post was up, and then I stopped doing so on Instagram. Then Facebook. Then all three altogether. I know why I stopped syncing posts with my social networking platforms (a reason I can't disclose here), but I've found that I enjoy blogging a lot more when I know people won't find my posts now unless they actually go to my blog of their own accord (or if they're subscribed to my RSS feed or something).

I never blogged for attention, and if anything I only synced my posts to share with my friends, but now I feel so much better just really, truly blogging for myself. I stopped blogging for a while, though I don't know if that was because I was lazy, or had nothing substantial to archive, or I actually felt obliged to blog (!!!) so I avoided doing so.

Back when I was on LJ I never shared posts, mostly because I didn't have anywhere else to share them. Enter the boom of social networking and suddenly I was caught up in the wind of instant sharing and instant publicity amongst my peers. Maybe I wanted instant gratification. Go figure.

I feel so much better blogging like this. Blogging for myself. While I've always blogged for myself from the very beginning anyway, this takes it up a notch because it feels like I'll be the only one seeing my posts, even if that's not really the case since all my posts are public. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS.

If anything I'll prolly only be sharing posts with my closest friends, and even then that will only be if the post involves them. Or if they've been anticipating a post that I've been talking about (see: Terry).

No comments:

Post a Comment